TECH-AIR AIRBAG RACE
The result of over a decade of development in MotoGP and following on from Alpinestars’ first-generation racing airbag system and the launch of the ground-breaking Tech-Air® Street, this latest version of Alpinestars Tech-Air® technology brings full upper body protection to serious track day and performance riders. Sold separately and compatible with Alpine Star Products. The Tech-Air® Race is completely self-contained, meaning there are no bike-to-rider set-up configurations required, which ensures the ultimate in convenience, freedom and versatility. When fully inflated, the system’s airbag offers critical protection to the back, kidneys, chest and shoulders. Plus, with a simple upgrade the versatile system firmware, the Race system can be configured to run the Tech-Air® Street setting for non-race use in road and off-road situations.
Tech-Air® is the world’s first self-contained street airbag system that independently functions without the need for sensors to be installed on the bike and the subsequent need to link a specific motorcycle to the airbag system used by the rider. This means that Tech-Air® offers the freedom to ride any bike on any surface at any time. Offering instantaneous, high-pressure inflatable protection Tech-Air® gives the rider comprehensive protection in a crash by covering the full back, shoulders, kidney areas and chest. The Tech-Air® street airbag is incorporated into a specially designed vest, which is then attached within and used in conjunction with a compatible jacket. For the initial airbag launch offering there are two jacket models available – the Valparaiso for Tech-Air® touring jacket and the Viper for Tech-Air®street jacket – allowing the Tech-Air® System to be used, interchangeably, in all weather conditions.
• The Tech-Air® Street System has been designed to be used in conjunction with airbag-compatible outer jackets with for the launch includes the Valparaiso For Tech-Air® Jacket and the Viper For Tech-Air® Jacket.
• Comprehensive inflatable upper body protection for back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen.
• Electronic sensors are securely and unobtrusively incorporated within the system's chassis, ( in the shoulder area ), meaning the vest is completely self-contained and allows it to be worn interchangeably between compatible jackets.
• Constructed from a strong and durable mesh main shell with stretch poly-fabric on shoulders and torso for a compact and secure fit that is close to the rider's body while allowing complete freedom of movement.
• Incorporates removable inner mesh and elastic Velcro® waistband to position airbag system to customize fit and improve adjustability.
• Full internal back linning constructed from 3D mesh for optimized levels of ventilation and breathability.
• The Airbag Control Unit ( ACU ) fo Tech-Air® is incorporated with a strong, lightweight polymer back protector, which features an ergonomic plate construction for structural strength and a fit to follow the natural contours of the back.
• Tech-Air® ACU is seal-protected within vest to ensure the all-weather performance and the vest and componentry are certified to function between -10⁰C and 50⁰C.
• Tech-Air® ACU includes two connector cables allowing the rider to quickly and easily connect to the outer jacket.
ACU has been homologated to ECE R10 04 which ensures the electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit.
• Tech-Air® uses an integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 25 hours and a recharge time of approximately 6 hours. Micro USB charger allows convenient recharging of system, with one hour of charging time giving four hours of riding coverage.
• Color coded front YKK zippers allow for vest to be easily and securely attached to outer jacket.
• Argon inflator cartridges are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard, meaning that they will only fire if commanded by the electronic unit. It also certifies that the cartridges can be safely handled, assembled and transported.
• System's firmware is upgradable and external service recorrd will be managed by a custom-made data portal.
• Tech-Air® is Category II CE Certified to the 686/89/EEC European PPE Directive, using a version of EN1621-4:2013, which guarantees impact protection performance from within 25 milliseconds to 5 seconds of full pressure inflation.